Why .NET ?
.NET (from “network”) is one of the original top-level domains introduced in 1985, and has remained a popular extension throughout its history. Like .COM, there are no restrictions on .NET registrations. The .NET extension is operated by VeriSign.
- A single .NET domain name can be registered in 350 different native languages
- .NET domain names are hosted in more than 200 countries worldwide
- The first domain name to ever exist was a .NET – Nordu.NET
- Today, more than 99.9% of 6+ character .NET domain names are available
Who it’s for ?
- Ideal extension for SaaS, network infrastructure, communications, and eCommerce companies
- .NET domains act as a valuable complement or alternative to existing .COMs.